Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy programming and all, but fuck me if it isn’t frustrating as hell when you can’t find any kind of solution to a bug.
I had it all, this morning. I had it all. Intros and outros for the minigames worked, they had this neat little slide effect and all (thanks to me thinking up a nice way to implement linear interpolation, some other guy didn’t think there was a way better than his, heehee).
Okay something happened just now, I GOT IT TO WORK YYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHH! And that, ladies and gentlemen, is one of the larger joys in programming: fixing that thing that’s been bugging you all day!
Very, very special thanks go out to the awesome folks in the AGDG, for helping me out immensely by helping me figure out what was wrong, and how to fix it. I couldn’t have done it without those guys. Based.
GOD it feels good to have this done. It’s been fucking with me for the larger part of this day, and I finally splatted that bug! Turns out I didn’t really understand how OOP in Lua worked, but I learned now, I learned good!
Oh boy I’m so happy, this high’ll probably last so long I won’t even be able to get some sleep tonight, haha. Now I can finally get to pumping out minigames like no tomorrow. I would, if I didn’t still need to implement scoring, modifiers, and feel the need to juice up the menu a bit first. Also want an opening game to do before the menu, already got some ideas going for that. It’ll be FUN. At least, I hope it will.
See y’all tomorrow (which is not a Monday, but a Friday, apparently),