Geeky

Do you guys follow any blogs that don’t run on Blogger? Ever considered using something else?

I’m curious. You see, there’s a ton of blogging tools around, lots of CMS (content management systems). WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Anchor, you name it. They’re all really cool and offer way better functionality than Blogger, yet I stick to it.

The biggest advantage Blogger got over all the competitors is the fact that bloggers using Blogger can easily follow each other’s blogs, and have a nice feed of the posts. Either systems offer no such functionality (as far as I’m aware), and that’s where I instantly stop thinking about switching.

Blogger offers a great way to keep in touch and stay up to date with fellow bloggers. Other than that, it doesn’t require a webserver and is extremely easy to set up, even to the most itecherate (illiterate, but for technology) of people. That’s its charm, really. That, and the huge community it has due to that.

What are your thought on blogging systems other than Blogger?

Comments

• 19/07/2012 (10:07 AM)

I’ve heard of WordPress and follow a few blogs that use it but I really don’t like it. I prefer Blogger

• 18/07/2012 (10:06 PM)

I agree but blogspot is ideal because you dont need to host and should anyone feel the need to get their own domain name, they can simply allow google to host.
    but career wise learn to use and write for all of them proficiently

• 18/07/2012 (2:54 PM)

I co-wrote on a wordpress blog for sometime. For me, I actually prefer Blogger, but I can’t say why. As for following blogs, the majority of them are in Blogger, but I do keep all the blogs I read on my blogroll, so it doesn’t really matter which platform they use.

• 18/07/2012 (8:36 AM)

I only follow people on blogger. Haven’t really looked into blogs elsewhere. This system’s just so simple and easy to use.

• 18/07/2012 (2:18 AM)

Why

• 18/07/2012 (1:33 AM)

I have no problem following other blog systems thanks to the magic of Google reader. Though I don’t like using yet more Google services. I mean, I already use them for email, blogging, technically Youtube, but I am weaning off of searches with them. Anyway, that turned more in to my opinion of Google, not Blogger. I joined Blogger by sheer chance really. I just googled Blogging and Blogger (being owned by Google) was the first result that came up. I’ve heard good things about Word Press, but that’s the only one I really know. Other than Livejournal, but the less said about that the better. If I was to switch platforms, it would be to Word Press.

• 17/07/2012 (11:22 PM)

I used to program my own blog before with an office access database and .asp. It was pretty neat but as you may know the langue is pretty dead.

Since I moved to blogger I have been thinking of trying wordpress. But no.

• 17/07/2012 (10:25 PM)

I’ve had the exact same dilemma. A couple of blogs I follow are on WordPress or tumblr, but as you highlited above, bloggers easier in terms of following and keeping up to date with blogs you follow. I’ll proba stick to blogger, im too lazy to switch :D

• 17/07/2012 (9:49 PM)

blogger is the only blog site ive used. I think i migh be following a few but i don’t favor one over another