?????

Years

It’s okay we have a calendar system like we do, but it’s a bit weird.

Why? Well, a year doesn’t start with spring. It starts somewhere near mid-winter. I find it weird to start a new period while you’re still in the middle of a sub-period. Now that I think about it, the whole days, weeks, months system is pretty weird. It uses odd numbers and whatnot. Irk.

But eh, I still find it stupid days are 24 hours, and an hour is 60 minutes, and a minute is 60 seconds. Can’t we just all have it be exponentially increased values of 10? ie a minute is 100 seconds, an hour lasts 100 minutes and a day lasts 10 hours.
Cookies for whoever can tell me how long one of those seconds would last in real time values.

Time isn’t of essence right now though. I got plenty of it. Spent half of my day today running errand for others. Sigh. Welp, the other half so far has been spent relaxing and playing guitar with a friend (fuck yeah, blues!) and am about to have a nice boys night out again.

Mark is finally on Skype but for the above reason I can’t come hang out with him and Bien and possibly Sophia later on. Sadface.

Comments

• 04/06/2012 (3:29 PM)

I have actually been wondering the same thing ever since I was a child. It weirded me out, because I always thought of spring as the beginning of the new cycle, yet, the year stars earlier..Weird

• G
    03/06/2012 (7:35 PM)

Didn’t the French try and introduce decimal time at one stage?
    10 hours in a day 100 minutes in an hour…etc

• 03/06/2012 (5:15 PM)

I think of this a lot. Why can’t the time be similar to the metric system where every unit of measurement is just an increment of 10!? Oh wait…

• 03/06/2012 (8:51 AM)

I wish you could give me some of your free time :P

• 03/06/2012 (5:17 AM)

I wish I had more time to do things. Actually, if there was a more efficient way of sleeping (or cutting out sleep without the health detriments) we’d all have way more time to do things.

• 03/06/2012 (1:12 AM)

I wish all days could be longer

• 02/06/2012 (10:33 PM)

It was just me and Bien and she couldn’t talk too long, but we did have fun :) I’m too tired and ill to work out the real time value of your fake seconds. I do find it odd we start the year in the middle of winter (it took me SO LONG to work that out. I thought January was the start of Spring for so long), but I’m glad we have the day and month and hour system we do. The only problem with it is leap years, but we can’t really accommodate that another way I guess.

• 02/06/2012 (8:18 PM)

Well, a second would be 1/100000 parts of a day, while in the regular system a second is 1/(24×3600)=1/86400 parts of a day. Therefore one of your seconds would, in the standard system, be (1/100000)/(1/86400)= 84600/100000= 0,864 seconds.
    …Probably.
    Do I get cookies now?

And don’t worry, social life with my parents calls me to an untimely desertion of Mark. >,>.