Urbos

Efficiency

Please God have mercy, spare my procrastinating soul!

Actually no just banish me right away.
I’m, once again, struggling with getting stuff done again. I want to write small character bios for a story I’ll be writing, I want to continue work on secretproject [Library Edition], but I also really have to study more. You know, with finals coming up and all that. And I just can’t seem to decide what to do first, when, how, et cetera. And in the past week, I haven’t gotten much done for any of those three main topics.

So when it comes to “workloads” like these, I’m generally really inefficient. Until I actually start working, that is. Once I’m actively doing something I can pretty much bulldoze my way through it in one or two long goes. Relatively fast, too. Writing down everything in my head like a machine, fixing errors in my code like no other idiot has ever done before.

It’s just the getting started part which is hard for me, and it’s always been like that. Frankly, I haven’t started looking for a good Fang-is-an-idiot-proof method for combating that, haha!

I’ll probably just roll ohgodhelpme-mode for now though, and say that school comes first. ‘Cause right now, it really does. Can’t be failing at my finals, now can I?

Comments

• 07/05/2012 (4:08 PM)

You gotta study first. :) Again, good luck with your finals! :)

• 06/05/2012 (2:57 PM)

I have that same style, hard to get going but once I do, I try to keep working through it all. Good luck with your finals!

• 06/05/2012 (11:10 AM)

Oh, c’mon! Everyone knows school comes first, then thousand year old immortal vampiric robot lolis come second, then secret projects comes in last. Know your priorities, man.

• 06/05/2012 (8:44 AM)

seems everyone is worried about their finals

• 05/05/2012 (11:59 PM)

Indeed you can’t be failing school now. The same happens to me. When I have several things that I want to do, or actually have to do, I end up doing nothing because I can’t decide. Plus I have real trouble starting something, but then I get it done quite well. I said today that I was up to the last written chapter of Immortal Space but during the day I wrote a few more chapters, and had to force myself to stop writing.

• 05/05/2012 (10:08 PM)

Good luck on your finals… procrastination is the enemy of us all.

• 05/05/2012 (7:35 PM)

Ugh I know what you mean. I wanna do so much stuff but can’t because I gotta revise for exams. What’s annoying is that once my exams are over I probably won’t be arsed to do any of the stuff I wanna do lol! The moment will have passed so to speak.