I do things on the internet!

Nature

NEWS FLASH I cycled without music on for once. Wow.

Okay so I went back home from this party the other day, but cycled back all the way by myself. I had counted on my best buddy ol’ pal to head back with me, but he wanted to stay a bit longer so who am I to stop him.
I usually take my earbuds and iPod all over everywhere, but didn’t bring them that day knowing I’d have company all the time. But then I suddenly didn’t so dang, had to cycle back without music. ~40 minutes cycle on an average speed.

There were relatively little cars driving by, and the sun was going down, and all in all it was a beautiful trip. Water on one side, beautiful plains on the other. Birds tweeting, ducks quacking, hawk flying by high.
It was amazing. I hadn’t cycled like that in ages. I may not have set a record time, or gotten anywhere fast for that matter, but I enjoyed it, Normally I really enjoy the music and me have a way higher-than-average speed, but this time I enjoyed the calmness, the way the sun going down lighted up the landscape, everything.

Nature is beautiful, and I really want to travel so I can see things other than the boring flat lands that are the Netherlands. I really have to do that, ’cause every time I see a picture of a hill online I’m like “wow holy shit that’s amazing”.

Cherish nature, keep it safe!

Comments

• 24/04/2012 (10:20 AM)

if you biked anywhere around in my city with music, expect yourself to be run over within two minutes of getting on your bike. the provinces are more forgiving, though. it just really is sad to see the landscape be slowly eaten away by technology and development. :(

• 17/04/2012 (4:55 PM)

I haven’t biked in a long time.

Actually, any kind of outdoor physical activity in a long time.

• 17/04/2012 (2:10 PM)

I’m glad you managed to enjoy your bike ride, I love going for walks in the countryside with no music. It’s very peaceful :)

• 17/04/2012 (8:06 AM)

40 minutes without music, that’s like hell! :o

• 17/04/2012 (7:07 AM)

Biking with music on is a death wish in most parts of LA… gotta be on high alert at all times.

When I lived in TN though, I definitely rode around all the time blasting music… ahhhh.

17/04/2012 (2:40 AM)

sometimes, all you need is the sound of nature. :)

• 16/04/2012 (11:47 PM)

I’m sure there’s some really nice sights in the Netherlands. That sounds nicer than any sights around me. Though of course there are some amazing ones in England. I couldn’t do a 40 minute bike ride without music though.

• 16/04/2012 (10:16 PM)

…and the wind blew through his curls.

(“IT’S A MOUNTAIN!”)

• 16/04/2012 (10:16 PM)

YAY NATURE.
    Nature really is beautiful, even though the Netherlands are basically 8LUH 8ORING. :’D.