Amateur Everything

Coincidentally a guide on how to wake up, how to stay awake, and how to get proper shut-eye so you don’t need gratuitous amounts of caffeine to begin with.

Before I begin, apologies in advance for the awkward writing style and absence of curse words. Apparently Google bots pick up on that and mark my pages as “explicit content” for some reason, hence why ads don’t display sometimes. Bollocks.

Wake up in the morning, feel a lack of sleep. Take a look into the mirror, yeah you look like a creep. Before you leave, brush your teeth with a can of coffee. ‘Cause if you leave for the day, you wanna stay awake.

Yeah, you slept badly, can’t get yourself to focus on stuff, or whatever. You down a cup of the good stuff, caffeine boost, ready to go.
At work later that day, only a few hours before the end of your shift, you start feeling burned out, take a break, drink more coffee, and back into the battle zone you go!
You come home, do your evening rituals, whatever, and go to bed. But what you didn’t realise is that the effects of caffeine last up to eight hours (or more depending on bodily conditions and whatnot), so you’re basically trying to get some shuteye while you’re still pumped with anti-sleep goodness. I think you’re doing it wrong.

Youth these days downs an incredible amount of energy drinks. You know, those gross, high-sugar, high-caffeine, bull-piss drinks. And then they complain they can’t sleep. And then they drink that stuff to stay awake in school. And then it’s basically an infinite cyclus of never-sleep-well-ever-again.

Sure, if you’re having a really bad day and feel like you really need it, then go ahead. But don’t drink it all day erry day, that’ll mess up a whole lot more than just your sleep.

What was the point I was making again?
Oh, yeah. Caffeine is a cool guy, but don’t overdo it. Besides, your body’ll get used to it quickly, so you’ll just need more and more and more until you’re eating pure caffeine for breakfast, dinner and lunch.

Drink responsibly!

Comments

• 04/04/2012 (3:56 PM)

Hm, that is a good point that you are making. I have recently noticed that I am quite addicted to coffee, so I am planing on cutting it down a bit.
    Oh and about energy drinks, get this: I actually love their taste! I ussually buy them not because I need some energy, but because I want to taste that weird, but awesome taste!

• 04/04/2012 (12:56 PM)

I drink tea instead of coffee!
    Ironically enough, my alarm failed to go off today and I got several extra hours of sleep, but only 15 minutes to get out of my house. So no caffeine for me this morning – but then I bought a Cherry Coke after school, so my quota is filled.

• 04/04/2012 (12:04 PM)

Yeah… I remember how good this stuff worked.

Until I developed a tolerance. That was not a fun week of discovery. :|

• 04/04/2012 (8:08 AM)

I used to be addicted to coffee when I still had day classes

• 04/04/2012 (5:20 AM)

I once drank 4 glasses of coffee in the morning. I was jittery the whole day and I felt like I was going to have a heart attack. But I still love coffee.

04/04/2012 (4:53 AM)

alternatively, coffee-flavored ice cream. ;)

• 04/04/2012 (4:25 AM)

for me i drink a lot beer not coffee lol

• 04/04/2012 (3:11 AM)

For some reason, your whole blog is appearing text over text. I hope you are able to get it fixed. New follower here. I’m enjoying reading my fellow “A to Z”ers. I look forward to visiting again.

Sylvia

• 04/04/2012 (6:55 AM)

You probably need to either update your browser, or use one that isn’t Internet Explorer. Sorry, but it’s kind of hard to achieve this beautiful style without using newer web technologies.

• 04/04/2012 (12:30 AM)

I do kind of like coffee and some energy drinks, but they never really do anything for me.

• G
    04/04/2012 (12:17 AM)

I like an espresso when I’ve got a hangover…otherwise it’s tea for me (so still dosing up on the caffeine)

• 03/04/2012 (8:50 PM)

My bf drinks a lot of coffee but I can’t stand the stuff lol