They always come in pairs

And today we’re kicking this Blogging A to Z Challenge off with a nice little rant.

Of course I could’ve picked “April Fools” instead but that’s kind of cliché now isn’t it?
Instead, the topic for today are those who call themselves “alpha males”, though we may know them better as pickup artists or “naturals”.

I just can’t stand them. They’re all that’s wrong with the male gender. (Okay, maybe not all, but they sure encompass a lot of it!) They see women as disposable objects of lust and pleasure, their feelings as a game, and getting them in bed as the goal.

xkcd comicJust, for fucks sake, COME ON! Whatever the fuck happened to chivalry, monogamy, and people not always “hunting for chicks” all the time? Besides, if a women would be like that she’d be called a “slut” right away.

ANALOGY TIME:
A lock that gets opened by many keys is a shitty lock,
But a key that opens many locks is a master key.

Sure, it’s correct for the lock-and-key thing, but humans shouldn’t be like that! Seems like we’re still dabbling in blatant sexism where the woman ranks lower than the man. The fuck, world? We should’ve moved past that aeons ago!

I guess the reason such guys are so successful is because women actually fall for it. They date the polygamous dickheads, get dumped or find out he’s been doing the same with countless of other girls, and then start crying that all males are douchebags and never nice to women.
Hi nice to meet you, I’m RIGHT HERE.

To the guys who’re reading this: it may seem awesome and cool, “scoring chicks” left and right, but it makes you no better a person than who you are right now. Don’t aim to be an “alpha male”. Or actually, feel free to do so, but just be nice to the women, treat them with respect, and don’t toy with ’em. (I’d make a powerful forces joke, but women really aren’t something to be playing with.)

Before anyone comes and beats me up, I should say that you should insert “most” everywhere right in front of any words referring to our subjects. I’m sure not all of them are like that, right? Right?

Comments

• 05/04/2012 (11:29 AM)

I do not really agree with your point of view. There are douche bags, and there are alpha males. Sure, some douche bags do have alpha male traits, but that does not make them the true alpha males. Alpha males are the men that you want to follow and listen to, you are not forced to do it, you want to, because you can feel the strength and confidence inside the person. I have such a friend, a true alpha male, a leader. He always helps his friends and girls. He is worth every girl that goes after him..
    In short, alpha males do not equal douche bags. And I urge everyone to do just that, try to become a true alpha male, defeat your fears, become a strong disciplined man.. That is one epic journey to embark on, but it is definitely worth it..

• 02/04/2012 (9:00 AM)

I generally notice it’s the confidence that these guys have that women are attracted to. It doesn’t matter if they’re a bad boy or a nice guy, what matters is having that air of confidence.

But bad boys are more likely to have that, unfortunately, people seem to attribute it to the guy being a bad boy.

• 02/04/2012 (8:04 AM)

Sometimes I feel weird for valuing relationships over pointless sex

• 02/04/2012 (12:35 AM)

You learn to weed out these dirt bags…trust me, you really do. And they DO get payback eventually.

• 02/04/2012 (12:33 AM)

One of the things I liked about reading “The Game” (which is about pick-up artists) is that you got to see how many of those men were really empty, lonely and trying desperately to fill a hole. It was also fantastic, to me, that at the end the narrator realises that the life of a pick-up artist is truly a hollow one. It was a good read… though I dunno if I’d recommend it to you :)

• 01/04/2012 (11:40 PM)

never understood why girls like the alpha male – I prefer the brainy type myself

Happy A to Z
    baygirl32.blogspot.com

• 01/04/2012 (9:05 PM)

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly, Sir Fang. Sadly there is something in women that goes for “danger” above the sweet and gentle nice guy persona. It sucks. For both parties.

• 01/04/2012 (8:36 PM)

This is so refreshing from a 17/18 year old!

• 01/04/2012 (8:35 PM)

Well I am with you on this, but douchebags serve an important purpose. By hurting a girl who thinks she really wants someone like a douche, she comes to learn that what she really wants is a good guy. That’s when someone who treats her like a human being comes along. Let’s not forget there can be no good without bad. But I do think that more women are called sluts than more men are called man-whores or whatever term we use for them. It’s also seen more that women are more vilified for it, but really I don’t like men like that much either. Just like there are women who reject sluts, there are guy who reject the “pickup artist”

• G
    01/04/2012 (8:34 PM)

what always pee’s me off is how successful these guys are with women…I mean come on the world should not work that way….

• 01/04/2012 (8:27 PM)

I think most women are capable of discerning a nice guy from an asshole. But just because a guy doesn’t think girls are disposable fuck objects, that doesn’t automatically mean he ISN’T an asshole. Ever heard of possessiveness? (Of course, playing your partner or wanting to own them are things that women do often too. Go away, humanity.)

As for all males being douchebags, out of the few males I do know, the vast majority are idealist romantics and very sweet. So I have hope for the dudes!