They always come in pairs

So I took this here personality test, and turns out my personality type is INFP.

I took it for fun, because Mark also did it, and I tend to fall for those. Always interested to see how well they truly match me. Also, trying your best to objectively answer the questions they ask can provide great insights into your own psyche, behaviour, et cetera.
So I’m INFP, cool. What does that mean, and how well does that correctly match me? Let’s find out!

Open this here spoiler (magic) to see what the official explanation/definition text is.

Spoiler:
Extraverted (E) || Introverted (I)
Sensing (S) || iNtuitive (N)
Thinking (T) || Feeling (F)
Judging (J) || Perceiving (P)

INFPs are idealistic, self-sacrificing, and somewhat cool or reserved. They are very family and home oriented, and have a high capacity for caring. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.
INFPs feel internal turmoil when they find themselves in situations in which there is conflict between their inner code of ethics and their relationships with others. They feel caught between pleasing others and maintaining their own integrity. Their natural tendency to identify with others, compounded with their self-sacrificial dispositions, tends to leave them confused as to who they really are. Their quiet personalities further feeds their feelings of depersonalization. The INFP’s quest for self-identity then seems even more alluring — but increasingly impossible to attain.

As with all NFs, the INFP will feel lost and perplexed at stressful times. As stress builds, INFPs become disconnected from their own personality and perceived place in life. They will lose sight of who they are in relation to time and place. They may not make basic observations, while instead they will focus on the more abstract and symbolic meanings of a particular interaction. This can sometimes baffle those who expect more direct communication and a fairly concrete relationship.

Okay let’s start analysing this thing from the top.
Idealistic, true. Self-sacrificing, depends, but most of the time true. Cool or reserved, meh, not so much. Family and home oriented? Fuck no. My caring capacity is over nine thousand. Honour? I have no sense of that (well maybe a little bit, but not much).
1%, cool.

I have so many inner codes and ethics that anything I do has a pretty big chance of conflicting with something else. So true that. I, whenever I can, go for the “pleasing others” road though, but I try to make sure I enjoy things myself, too. I lack proper good empathy A LOT at times, unless it’s rather obvious how that person feels. I have no idea who I really am and never will know, that’s perfectly normal. Quiet personality not so much. Friends see me as extraverted because that’s how I am when with people I feel comfortable with. If you barely know me I’m a bit of an introvert though.

Again, the disconnecting from my personality thing doesn’t really hold true for me, though in stressful times I sometimes to feel a bit different.
I wish I would look into symbolic meanings of small gestures and whatnot. Sadly, I don’t.

So yeah, not entirely true, but a good part of it is, I guess.

How about you take the test and evaluate the results, too?

Comments

• 17/02/2012 (9:58 AM)

I took the test and got ISTP. There’s some truth into it but they are mostly mistaken. I’m kinda happy that they put fire fighter in the career options since I love fire trucks but that’s it.

• G
    16/02/2012 (5:53 PM)

I fluctuate between an INFP and an ENFP…

• 16/02/2012 (5:24 PM)

radio/TV talk show host … helluuuuuu afcourse its reliable! :D

• 16/02/2012 (9:50 AM)

I should give this a spin as well.

• 16/02/2012 (9:32 AM)

I’m INFP as well.

• 16/02/2012 (8:48 AM)

How much of this is true?

• 16/02/2012 (1:09 AM)

I’m still on the fence as to the reliability of tests like these.

• 16/02/2012 (12:51 AM)

fang show the list of your jobs aswell plox! arigatou!

• 16/02/2012 (7:47 AM)

It wasn’t really that interesting, actually. Besides, the list doesn’t hold any true value regardless of how correct the test was.

• 16/02/2012 (12:51 AM)

ENTP’s show enthusiastic interest in everything and are always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 5% of the total population.

ENTPs value their ability to use imagination and innovation to deal with problems. Trusting in their ingenuity to get them out of trouble, they often neglect to prepare sufficiently for any given situation. This characteristic, combined with their tendency to underestimate the time needed to complete a project, may cause the ENTP to become over-extended, and to work frequently beyond expected time limits. Complicating this situation is their predisposition to experiment with new solutions. This makes them eager to move on to the next challenge when things get boring. ENTPs become stressed when their improvisational abilities are ineffective and they will avoid circumstances where they might fail.

If stress continues, ENTPs become distracted and their “can do” attitude is threatened. Feelings of incompetence, ineptness, and inadequacy take over. They need to escape situations that are associated with anxiety is more prominent for the ENTP than for any other personality type. Doubtful of whether they will have what it takes to accomplish a task, they displace their fears onto situations they can elude. Panic, fear, and anxiety then block the expression of their creativity. Defensive phobic reactions cause the ENTP to circumvent achievement in other areas and prevent the success they strive on.
    This lists represent careers and jobs people of your type tend to enjoy doing. The job requirements are similar to the personality tendencies of your personality type. It is important to remember that this is not a list of all the jobs possible. And it is very important to remember that people can, and frequently do, fill jobs that are dissimilar to their personality… this happens all the time…and sometimes works out quite well.

systems designer
    computer analyst
    logistics consultant
    outplacement consultant
    advertising creative director
    radio/TV talk show host

• 15/02/2012 (10:23 PM)

http://www.personalitytest.net/types/descriptions/enfj.htm Lolol how untrue is that? x’DD. And yet I answered honestly..

• 16/02/2012 (7:48 AM)

“The ENFJ, however, will repress the unpleasant side of life only to have to face it later in an intensified form when it explodes from its hiding place. It can manifest itself as fits of anger, sudden outbursts, or emotional explosions. Often the ENFJ’s body will reflect pent-up stress by manifesting various physical symptoms that will erupt unexpectedly.”
      How is that not you?

• 15/02/2012 (10:12 PM)

Whohoho, Imma do this to take my mind of my stress that is available in heaps right now. Also, You’re such a good and awesome person, you. :’D.

• 15/02/2012 (10:08 PM)

I think it fits me pretty well really, plus I’m happy to be part of this one percent.

• 15/02/2012 (9:59 PM)

I wouldn’t trust those thing too much. :P