User-inspired slogans!

I‘m stressing my ass off because of this test week, and I have no idea why I’m this nervous about it.

I mean, my grades are pretty good at the moment. If I fuck something up, at least I have a decent buffer to catch the blow. But that also adds to the pressure. If I fuck up, all the good notes I got in the previous test week will be pretty much gone and my averages will plunge again.

Am I that afraid of fucking up? I think the opposite is more likely. I may be afraid of nailing it.

Don’t get the wrong idea, consciously I really want to get good grades and nail the tests and whatnot, but somewhere I also know that doing my exams well and graduating this year means an end to this part of my life.

I always used to be all “fuck, five more years of school, can’t wait ’til they’re over”, but the past few years have been so much fun, and now I can’t stand the idea that after we graduate we’ll all go our separate ways. We’ll see each other waaay less often, we’ll hang out only sporadically and rarely. Worst-case we’ll lose all contact all together. I will of course try my best to not let that happen, but the possibility is there. It’s sitting there, waiting for it’s chance. Staring at me. Giving me the creeps. Killing me slowly from inside.

Sure hope we get to do speeches at the graduation ceremony if we want. I’ll burst out into an emotional rambling of how fucking much I love everyone and how I would’ve been nowhere without them and everything.

But there’s still a “long” way to go before I get there. Test week starts tomorrow, hope I can shake of these shitty feelings so I can make my tests to the max.

Comments

• 16/01/2012 (6:38 PM)

I know the feel. But don’t worry and just relax you’ll do just fine. Also two things:

1. I can’t seem to find an email in which to contact you.

2. I’d kill for that Fluttershy toy. My girlfriend’s favorite pony is Fluttershy.

• 16/01/2012 (10:59 AM)

First of all, don’t let the thought of missing your mates/school is ending affect your studies. You’ll just regret it. My advice would be to just put that out of your mind and concentrate on your work/exams right now.

When I was doing my exams, I hated all the cunts in my class so I’m finding it hard to relate to the fact you’ll miss people. But like Mark said, the internet makes it easier to keep in touch with people now.

Oh, and I read your “about me” page and I can’t believe you’re 17! You come across as so much older in your comments. Anyways, that makes me older than you which again is just unbelievable lol!

• 16/01/2012 (10:36 AM)

I know how you feel, man. I’ve been down that road before. It’s ok though! You’ll get through it. And years down the road you’ll look back and laugh. :)

• 16/01/2012 (9:20 AM)

I know those feelings :(

• 16/01/2012 (3:35 AM)

Exams make me nervous, I always take a good luck charm in with me :) or a teddy! My mascot! And me and Mark always stayed in touch, when you leave school you always realise who your real friends, the ones who make the effort :)

• 16/01/2012 (2:26 AM)

Relax! I’m sure you’ll do fine!

• 15/01/2012 (10:34 PM)

Well thanks to the internet and such it’s a lot easier to keep in touch with old friends. I didn’t have this problem when I left school, I hated all those bastards. When I left college early I did try to keep in touch with some of the people there, but yeah ultimately we all went our separate ways. BUT, even after not being in contact with Jessie for 2 years, we hit each other up again and four years after that we’re still the best of friends. If they mean that much to you, they’ll be there dude.

• 15/01/2012 (9:20 PM)

Grades always make me nervous. 299 FOLLOWERS ALMOST TO 300!!!

• 15/01/2012 (8:35 PM)

D’:… I know how you feel, bro!! We should totally keep in touch but it’ll be so hard once were all in different parts of the country. :'(. And don’t worry, I’m sure your tests will go fine. ;).

• 15/01/2012 (8:41 PM)

You replied so quickly, a true lurker is you. Go back to your studying, kid! ;D