Shit. Dees tagged me. I’m now obliged to go through a huge list of wishywashy questions. But let’s start where we should, copy-pasting the Tag Rules here (rough translations, but they’ll have to do).
- Put the rules of this Tag on your blog.
- Everyone tagged should tell 11 things about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the person who tagged you, tag 11 other people and ask them 11 different questions.
- Let the people whom you tagged know you’ve done so.
- Don’t tag anyone who’s been tagged before.
- Really do tag 11 others, and don’t go all “if you want to, take this tag”.
Okay okay fuck. In deep shit here. 11 things about myself? OH BOY. Let’s just mix this up a bit and make them teeny tiny things most of you probably don’t know about me.
- Despite being allergic to hair of pretty much any animal, I have a thing for them, especially the canine kind.
- I was born six weeks early, by means of a Caesarean section. Jokes about my lengths go here.
- In my room, there’s a shelf stacked on top of a bunch of drawers. Hell yes.
- Using the toilet paper we use at my home, I only need one single square per wipe. Efficiency! Also, the roll holding said toilet paper must be positioned in the over orientation, or I will literally and figuratively, flip my shit.
- I’m a bit of an avid collector of various kinds of wallpapers at times. The collecting’s been on hold for a while now, so my collection is stuck at 1,681 items right now.
- Naming my digital storage devices (internal, external, USB or SD) is something I’ve been doing lately. ie Dexter, microSD card for my R4DS.
- I have never fucked a sheep, inflatable or otherwise.
- Cliches are very, very annoying. Sure, ironic at times, but people doing simple designs because “less is more” or “beauty in simplicity” fucking sucks. Most of the time they aren’t doing it right anyway.
- Outsiders may consider me a megalomaniac at times, if only they knew.
- Despite being all “haters gonna hate” when I’m with friends, I can be a bit of a shy-guy when I’m around people I barely or do not at all know.
- When I’m actually listening to my thoughts, about 60% of them are in English instead of my native language, Dutch.
Fuck and we’re just halfway through. Here goes with the questions she asked. And agin, rough translations.
What is the body care product you use most, and why do you like it so much?
Right off the bat we can see these questions came from a female mind. Fuck my life. I don’t really use a specific one, just anything that’s available, really. Like I care if it’s for the “extra dry skin” or provides “added cyanide”. As long as it works I’m okay with it.
What’s your favourite brand of clothing?
Have none. Moving on.
As a little kid, what have you always want to become, and still do so to this day?
A giraffe. Nah, kidding. I always used to want to be an astronaut or archaeologist, but those days have long since passed. There’s still the cliche “become rich” thing though, but I don’t cling to that as strongly as I used to.
In what TV series would you like to play, and which role would you play?
I’d SO be the voice actor of Elmo.
What will be your job in 10 years?
Couldn’t you stick to the whole “11” thing and ask “11 years” instead? Hmm, it’d be cool if I were to be a programmer for some huge-ass company (non-gaming or otherwise) by then. But who knows, maybe something else crosses my trail and I’ll be a sky-diving guide or something.
What can totally make your day?
So many things. So damn many you have no idea. I’ll sum them up in categories for you. Friends, really sweet music, mastering something I’ve been practicing on for a long time, real good grades, getting new tech gear, more friends.
What’s the prettiest souvenir you have?
Since I don’t really have any good souvenirs, I’ll stick to mementos. Can’t really just pick one, so I’ll mention the Horo wall scroll, tickets from various cons and events, Stella and the Fluttershy figurine.
Why did you start blogging?
I… I can’t really recall, actually. What I’m currently enjoying about it though is that it lets me meet awesome new people, rant all I want when I need it, and share my stuff with a pretty decent reader-pool. Also, helping said readers with their problems and whatnot.
What’s the best quote you know, and why?
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” -Carl Sagan. Just. Damn. So true. There’s also one about healthy criticism but I can’t find the exact sentence right now.
Do you own a collectors item?
Depends on the criteria that make something a collectors item. I have some limited edition Pokemon cards stored somewhere, but that’s really it.
What goal do you want to achieve in 2012?
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. I don’t do new year’s resolutions or anything. It’d be pretty sweet if I were to pass my exams and make it into uni, though.
I’m literally huffing and puffing right now. So much work. Dees, what have you done? let’s just get this over with and, without further ado, include my questions.
- How was your day? Anything exciting happened?
- Ever done anything that falls waaay outside of the social norms of your gender/age group? ie watched My Little Pony and enjoyed it or something?
- If you were to classify yourself into a certain social group/style (ie gothic, emo, stoner, etc) which one would you place yourself in?
- Favourite Sesame Street character?
- Seek out a popular YouTube video, check the comments. What are your thoughts on those people?
- Do you have any neurotic/OCD tendencies?
- What’s the meaning of life?
- Do you collect something?
- Ultimate fantasy?
- Weirdest dream?
- Have you enjoyed this “11 Questions” thing?
Huff puff huff puff, almost done. Now to find 11 people to tag, and post their names here along with their blog links. TEDIOUS TASK AHOY.
Pffft running out of friends in the blogosphere. My pool’s still rather small, I guess.
If you’re on there, do it. If you’re on there but you really don’t want to, don’t force it. Would be cool if you did though.
(I love how the numbers on these lists are rendering to the left of the text, instead of pushing the text to the right. Shit’s going to be God-awful once we reach triple-digit-numbers though.)
Long post is longest in a lot of time, or maybe even the longest ever, so I’ll cut it here. Enjoy!