Tally-ho!

New 3DS model?

Whatever happened to the rumours on that one? Kind of died off, didn’t it?

A while back, there were rumours flying about that Nintendo was working on, or at least planning a 3DS remake already. It’d have less focus on the 3D aspect, and most importantly, a second analog stick on the right side of the handheld.

Now, do excuse me for saying this, but it’d be fucking stupid if this were to be real. That’s also one of the reasons why I believe this to be merely a rumour.

It’s no secret the 3DS is doing, well, not so good. Sales are waaay worse than expected, even after the price drop.
Price drop? Ah yes, Nintendo fucked up pretty badly there. They did give early adopters a place in the Ambassador Program to compromise (20 free classics, pretty decent), but it’s pretty annoying nonetheless. Now, with every sale of a 3DS unit, they’re actually LOSING money, so they have to rely on game sales (but that’s outside of the scope of this post).

A new model this soon will only hurt the early adopters more. It’s like stealing someone’s money and then giving them a kick in the groin a little while later.
If you aren’t some rich badass person, you probably don’t want to spend ~230 bucks on a remake of a handheld you bought a few months back. The people who would like a 3DS already bought the old model, so there’s nobody left to buy the new one (unless they wait a year or two).

Besides, the major second analog stick that’s missing in the current design can be obtained for, what is it, ten, twenty bucks? The add-on may look a bit bulky, but I’ve heard some good things about it. It has a nice feel to it, and doesn’t make buttons harder to reach.

Do I need to go on? Rumours are rumours, don’t add any value to them until they’re confirmed for true.

Comments

• 22/09/2011 (2:29 AM)

god i would be soooooo mad

i JUST bought my 3DS about 3 weeks ago

• 21/09/2011 (7:10 PM)

I find the fact that you have enormous nekkid wolf girls in wagons on your wall endearing for some reason

I wouldn’t mind having ’em, but it’d have to be in the future because
    a) I’m going to buy some other things first and in November I’m going to a video game convention thingy which means I will be short on cash
    b) Not sure how I would help ya pay, because economy is my Achilles heel and I do not understand things like monetary transactions beyond give the store people money ==> obtain thing

Would we buy physical copies? Is that even possible? Or would it be a download?

Sweden doesn’t have euros because Sweden is a special snowflake of a country. Very hipster and so on. But uh, as I said, I don’t understand economical things and perhaps the currency doesn’t matter if we’re paying online?

I feel stupid using the comments as a chat room and I feel like a dirty old man asking people for their emails or something but..? You got something more efficient?

• 21/09/2011 (6:55 PM)

For seriousness? You read it. The [S] segments are in the minority, so mostly reading with a dash of playing thrown in for extra awesome. I’ve heard MSPA referred to as “mock games” since the commands given to the characters are designed kind of like a visual novel, but are preplanned, ya know? So I would say read.

You were the one who called it necrophilia/bestiality in the first place 8LUH 8LUH

SBAHJ will never stop being relevant. Ever. <3

Tried watching S&W but I was tired or stupid or something so I couldn’t follow the plot. Horo is really cute though, agreed :3

• 21/09/2011 (6:49 PM)

Sorry, but a revision isn’t a rumor, it’s a fact. Every major new Nintendo handheld gets a revision. Also, your assumption that no one is would by the revision because “The people who would like a 3DS already bought the old model” simply isn’t accurate. People who know how Nintendo handles their handhelds expect the revision and wait for it. I know many gamers, including myself, that are waiting for the inevitable revision. Since revisions come out roughly a year or more from the release of the initial product, it shouldn’t be surprising that it would be in the design or testing phases right now.

• 21/09/2011 (6:43 PM)

Okay, less posts on main page. Thanks for pointing that out.

But the discussion is the best part!!! I like that Rose learned teh majyyks while Jade just kind of already HASS them. I also think it’s hilarious that the characters you like best are the ones that left the least impression on me. But fine, let’s just agree on Thollukth. :)

*paps Fang* I can understand that cute girl selfcest is a good thing but the necrophilia-bestiality part does make you a bit of a pervert.

I am not a true fan
    Or rather, I am a lazy fan.
    I am a fan-to-be.

You don’t play, nor read it. You become it. It is you.

• 21/09/2011 (6:20 PM)

DUDES SHIPPING THINGS IS GOOD. GOOD THINGS.

Yes, I adore Sollux. But not John/Dave. John/Karkat. Then you will get all the squeals. all of-okay no I won’t not this time. Saw a genderswap Vriska and nearly threw something across the room holy fuck.

The thing about Homestuck is that you can ship anything and it will still make sense in a sick and twisted way.

• 21/09/2011 (6:17 PM)

hamsteak
    homestuck

compare
    realize
    it’s supposed to be funny but I guess it’s not.

Oh but Rose is so precious! She is intelligent and sharp but with a weakness for ponies. While my impression of Jade is, she doesn’t do much! Explain appeal from male side plz? *-*

Snowman is hell’a suave. I must agree.

And I can’t dislike Gamz even after his…episode. He’s just. Too. HoNk. :o)

• 21/09/2011 (6:04 PM)

long irrelevant comment but it’s homestuck okay bro

8luh 8luh huge 8itch is like the one HS reference I don’t actually use. WE COMPLETE EACH OTHER.

Yes, Homestuck is all the shit. All of it. I need to know all about your favorite characters and stuff. And if you ship things. (Do guys ship things?) Damn Blogger for not having an easily accessible way of interperson communication YES I WILL STALK YOU NOW OKAY because hamsteakers are somewhat rare so when I find them I like imprisoning them in dainty little boxes and poking their stomachs with chopsticks. There is one at my school, but she hasn’t replied to my messages in forever and I’m shy to talk to her because she’s a few years older than I am, derp. I have one actual friend who’s read the whole thing – we’re now chewing our nails to bits in anticipation of the Update – and a couple who are in progress but they’re lazy asses which almost makes me want to cry.

/end

• 21/09/2011 (5:43 PM)

The thing about rumors is that sometimes one of them turns out to be true.

• 21/09/2011 (10:52 AM)

The boat-thing-attachment they announced for the 3DS is really horrible…

21/09/2011 (12:41 AM)

rumors are fun! but take them with a grain of salt. ;)

• 20/09/2011 (9:07 PM)

I think AllenTesch is on to something!

• 20/09/2011 (9:02 PM)

I highly doubt that rumor to be true. It’s just too early for them to release another hardware. If they do however release one, it’ll probably just be slimmer model like a 3DS Lite.

• 20/09/2011 (8:52 PM)

Definitely needs a re-vamp if they want to stir sales.

• 20/09/2011 (8:36 PM)

There is an addon peripheral that gives you another analogue stick, at least, I’ve seen pictures of it on another blog lol. It doesn’t look that good though.

• 20/09/2011 (7:47 PM)

Sometimes I wonder if companies don’t have someone that reads blogs or forums to find out what they did wrong.

• 20/09/2011 (7:08 PM)

You’re right, it does sound like a rumour, we shouldn’t put too much thought into this until we get more comfirmation, or a dispell.

• 20/09/2011 (6:49 PM)

The 3DS in itself was rather ridiculous as a major product launch. I don’t own one – still got a good old GBA SP because I am SOFTCORE. :) But yes – unlike the DS and its major improvements upon the GBA, the 3DS is mostly just a gizmo, a spin on an old product, and I doubt that everyone who already has an adequate DS would want to fork over cash for some half-assed 3D that gives you a headache.