sudo rm -rf /*

Oh boy oh boy, it sure has changed a lot.

I myself have been using it ever since it was available through Blogger in Draft, so I’m used to it already. What about you?

The new design is modern and sleek, and looks a lot better in general. It is a bit heavier on the computer, but that shouldn’t make a big difference.

The overview page for blogs is pretty nice. Check your weekly pageviews, best traffic sources, and useful links. All that on one page.

Switching to different “tabs” such as posts or stats is a lot quicker, too. Previously it had to go to a whole different page to show the content you wanted, now it just opens the page inside the current page. This means a lot of elements can stay where they are, and don’t have to be reloaded.

I have noticed it’s a bit harder to navigate the new interface on mobile devices, but that’s a minor issue. I don’t really go to Blogger on my mobile device a lot anyway. It’d be nice if they came with a cool mobile site by now, though.

Overall it’s a nice improvement. A fresh new look, and it uses HTML5 and CSS3, too! Those two sure are awesome. But more on that later.

(Sorry guys, I can’t keep promises. The album post is coming Tuesday, promise (for real, this time)!)

Comments

• 07/09/2011 (6:24 PM)

I tried the new interface and I felt like a noob once again. It just feels so much different that it almost feels like an entirely new thing. After trying out the new interface, I reverted back. The old one just feels a lot better and more comfortable for me.

• 06/09/2011 (1:55 PM)

hmm. we-ell, i haven’t really gotten used to it yet so i’m still using the old one. i detest drastic changes and the new blogger interface is a pretty drastic change, so it’ll take some hardcore getting used to, but i do like how sleek it is, definitely.

• 05/09/2011 (6:39 PM)

I like the design but notice less functionality. I too will be staying with the classic interface for as long as I can.

• 05/09/2011 (6:19 PM)

I agree! So Fang, has the new interface made you want to change up your blog a little? Maybe a new theme or something?

• 05/09/2011 (10:44 AM)

I haven’t switched yet. I’ll probably delay it for as long as I can.

05/09/2011 (1:02 AM)

still getting used to the ultra sleek design…

• 04/09/2011 (10:51 PM)

Were you paid to do this? :P I don’t like it that much, but I guess I haven’t really given it a shot. Usually when google or Youtube try and “improve” things, they end up a lot worse. I do know I have to play around with it sooner or later though.

• 04/09/2011 (9:46 PM)

i do not use it yet, will probably wait for something, god knows what