Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!

Why do people judge each other? You don’t know that dude, so how can you tell he’s a lowlife fucknut?

I’m not really talking about the spontaneous, quick judging. Whenever you see someone, you automatically form an image of that person in your head and assign them qualities. It happens subconsciously, you can’t help it. No problem.
What is a problem, however, is that people make conscious decisions to think that person is (for example) a nerdy loser, and use that as their argument to pick on said person.

Okay, first things first. Why is being a “nerdy loser” a bad thing? he is who he is, come on. And you don’t even know the guy. He may make for a really good friend!
After that, why would you still fuck with that person? Why specifically with him, why not someone else? Why screw people over in the first place? Does it make you feel better about yourself, do you like that feel of power and control over people? If that’s you reading this, you’re a sick fuck.

We’re not even halfway through and I’m already pointing fingers and yelling curses. Great.

Thing is, you can ruin someones life.
When you’re being pressed down early on in your life, this can quite easily lead to a life-long trauma. People are fragile, you see. One little dent in their feelings can cause them to collapse. They’ll truly feel like they’re not worth anything. They’ll either live on, a life of regret, being very anti-social, or they’ll just end it quickly. If that’s you reading this, don’t run. Keep your head up, your time will come.

This, in turn, causes a higher suicide rate which causes the society manpower and blah blah bluh.

Bottom line: don’t judge, don’t hate (too much), and don’t fuck with people’s feelings. Have a terrific day.

Comments

• 02/09/2011 (6:38 PM)

I, thankfully, have never been bullied when I was young, but I have heard about it happening in my school. I must say that it really bothers me when bullies judge others based on appearance or put them down because they do not conform to the bully’s idea of who they should be. I know that little comments can be devastating and I always watch what I say because of that. Great post mate, keep it up!

• 02/09/2011 (2:21 PM)

as a victim of bullying when i was in frikkin elementary, i agree with this post completely. even now, as i remember those old jabs and taunts, i still cringe.

• 01/09/2011 (5:28 PM)

Don’t hate the player, hate the game

• 01/09/2011 (9:42 AM)

No one on earth deserves to get bullied. It is crazy to hear what the life-long effects of bullying are!

• 01/09/2011 (8:23 AM)

If more people thought this way the world would be a much better place.

• 01/09/2011 (1:14 AM)

“Why is being a “nerdy loser” a bad thing?”
    I think this comments only applies to high school days. Everyone wants to get with the leader of the study group!

• 31/08/2011 (10:30 PM)

Sadly it’s a side effect of stereotyping and judgmental behavior that stems largely from geo-political and religious backings originally from centuries ago. While obviously we don’t judge largely on matters of race, politics, religion, etc (key word being “largely”), individual judgment is still alive and well.

It’s really quite sad.

• 31/08/2011 (8:54 PM)

Yeah it’s weird how that sort of stuff is instinctual, most people have to remind themselves not to do it.

• 31/08/2011 (8:43 PM)

I still am suffering from the things that happened to me when I was younger, and probably will for some time yet -_- No matter how happy I get, it’s a near guarantee my brain will say to me “Remember this? Made you feel like shit didn’t it?”. And it still does. But to be honest I doubt we’ll ever truly be able to solve the problem, all we can really try to do is be there for the people are the victims, and try to understand the perps as much as we can.

Heh, I said perps. I’m either street now, or a New York cop.

• 31/08/2011 (8:15 PM)

Fantastic post, I totally agree with you man. People should be focused on their own achievements rather than trying to belitte others for theirs.