Zeikerds.

I’m going pro!

As in professional, getting better at something, etc.
(Actually no I fail at stuff.)

I actually had a “piracy-is-good” post planned for today, but don’t think I’ll have the time to finish that. Sorry guys, but you’ll have to wait ’till tomorrow!

As for the scope of today’s post, just a quick heads-up that I’m digging myself into JavaScript and its possibilities, ways of combining it with PHP, etc.
I was originally planning on learning Java, but I figured that JavaScript might be a better first choice.

Now let me get this straight with y’all: JavaScript is not a web-version of Java. In fact, they’ve bene developed by different companies!
It’s just that JavaScript’s syntax is a lot like that of Java, but is less powerful, has less possibilities (but still tons of ’em), and is thus easier to learn.
Since the syntax is pretty similar to Java, it’ll be an easier switch when I decide to learn Java.

Oh boy I’m really getting into this programming thing. Good, because that’s what I’ll most likely be studying.

For those of you who are curious as to what I’m doing in JavaScript, head over here and take a gander. (Is that a legitimate word to use nowadays?) Note that it’s not really that interesting, and it’s all work in progress. JavaScript shows up in the source code, though, so you can view the code there if you want to.

Have a terrific day!

Comments

• 27/08/2011 (1:04 PM)

i’m glad you’re deciding to go ahead and study something you like doing. good luck on that! :D

• 25/08/2011 (6:30 PM)

have fun with that!

• 25/08/2011 (6:00 PM)

I wish i could program, honestly. I mean, you never know when you might have an idea, like minecraft or something, that you just can’t get to life. Is it hard to learn java?

• 25/08/2011 (5:58 PM)

5 Years ago (Yes, I’m that old already!) I started with Javascript as well. The first thing I did was make a tic tac toe game with it. After that I studied the programming paradigm called: Objected Oriented Programming (OOP). Then I made another tic tac toe game in Javascript but this time by using OOP.

• 25/08/2011 (5:53 PM)

I’m interesting in learing about programming too but not sure of what language to go with

• 25/08/2011 (3:24 PM)

I am working on php to increase my blogging ability. Javascript is out of the question for now. Keep it up and show your results to us =).

• 25/08/2011 (6:58 AM)

And here I thought I was the only one who said gander.

• 25/08/2011 (1:23 AM)

Javascript and PHP always look like such a mindfreak to me. I’d never be able to get my head around it…. >.<

• 24/08/2011 (11:32 PM)

More people need to use the word gander. I really did think that Javascript and Java were the same thing. Anyway, looking forward to the “piracy is good” post, I made one of my own, but it was in the days no one read me so no has read it >_>

• 24/08/2011 (10:31 PM)

This reminds me I should keep on with my java learning. Gonna have to brush up on all the things I’ve forgotten.

• 24/08/2011 (8:56 PM)

Good choice with the javascript, java is just for banking and other lame coding stuff. Well, except for Minecraft, but that’s a rare exception.

• 24/08/2011 (8:43 PM)

Well I hope you enjoy your Javascript adventures! Keep us posted… !