Got 'em boys!

Yes, I’m being forgetful again.

So… Well, I didn’t really play Sonic Heroes, because for some reason the game is kind of broken. Background music doesn’t play most of the time, and it tends to lag enormously. Darn, another childhood memory destroyed.
Well, not the memory itself, but the thing that’s closely related to it.

Anywaysh, what I wanted to blog about… Darn, I still can’t remember. Do expect the Google is monopolising the internet blog post coming weekend, though. And this time for real!

Also, I had a semi-lucid dream last night. I don’t know if you can actually call it lucid, but let me explain. (Do not mind the vagueness from this point onward, I can’t really remember much of the dream.)
I was lost in the woods (the more light-brown, dead-ish kind of woods, y’know), and things (people, perhaps?) had faces plastered onto them like you see in those badly photoshopped comic kind of things. It was all scary and stuff, and I walked on for a while, taking a turn right at a T-intersection.
After a while, I got really scared (no idea why, though) and decided to close my eyes and try to wake up. At that point, something snapped in me. I was mostly thinking “wait a sec, I’m dreaming. I don’t even know how I got here, so I’m most likely dreaming.”
My memory of the dream from that point onward is distorted, or maybe the dream was distorted, but what it comes down to is that I realised I was dreaming, but was very unstable in my lucid state. At least, that’s what I think what happened. I guess I tried some of my usual stuff out, like levitating and stuff, but have no real memories of that.

Pitty I can’t remember it, would like to know why I was so unstable. Ah well, it’s a start.

For those of you who don’t know what lucid dreaming is, shame on you. It’s dreaming, but during the dream, you actively know you’re dreaming, and thus can manipulate it to your own free will (it IS a creation you made yourself, after all, albeit unconciously). If a lot of people show interest, I might just write a quick lucid dreaming guide and put it up on a seperate page of my blog.

My previous experiences with lucid dreaming? Not much, really. I had been practicing dream recall for a while, and it went pretty good. Didn’t do it for a while, and then it broke down. Currently in the process of re-building it and getting myself to do reality checks more often.
I did, however, have one lucid dream. It was during the period I was practicing dream recall. I don’t know how, but I just became lucid (probably because I did it through WBTB (Wake Back To Bed)). I flew around for a while, landed, looked around. I wanted to take off again, and trying to look cool, I jumped off this little hill. My attempt at levitating again, however, failed, anf I fell face-first onto the grass. Someone I knew was standing on the other side of the street, and laughed at me. That’s when I lost my lucidity. I felt miserable, and snow started falling. I believe I then woke up, or I just can’t remember much more of the dream.

That’s a pretty big blog post for someone who forgot what he wanted to blog about. Hehehe. Well, it probably wasn’t that important anyway, if I just forgot about it like that.

See you next time!

Comments

• 03/02/2011 (9:27 PM)

I don’t think I have ever had a lucid dream. At least I can’t remember if I have.

• 03/02/2011 (8:46 PM)

Lucid dreaming is great. Fun to do stuff you just can’t do IRL.

• 03/02/2011 (8:28 PM)

haha nice title xD

• 03/02/2011 (7:31 PM)

I’ve been doing quite a bit of research into lucid dreaming lately. I can’t wait to really get into it. I’ve came close a couple of times. Really exciting! ^_^

• 03/02/2011 (7:12 PM)

I experienced it once and wanted to again just, to try it again. So i looked at some guides and couldn’t do it, I could on my own though, odd.

• 03/02/2011 (5:41 PM)

You all make me jealous of you. I always wanted to experience lucid dream since I read about it year and a half ago and still haven’t had one. Or at least I can’t remember one.

• 03/02/2011 (5:34 PM)

Yes please write a lucid dreaming guide. I’ve kinda tried it but only partially succeeded in lucid dreaming.

• 03/02/2011 (4:19 PM)

kinda curious about lucid dreaming, but never remember to attempt it when I go to bed

• 03/02/2011 (4:09 PM)

Keep working on that lucidity! Stay consistent and persistent, and you’ll get there.

• 03/02/2011 (3:41 PM)

i can’t achieve a lucid dream :(

• 03/02/2011 (1:16 PM)

i’ve attempted to lucid dream before but ended up with sleep paralysis once. i was frozen in place, lying on my side in a fetus position. i couldn’t move at all. i was scared the hallucinations would kick in, but i managed to free myself somehow. scary stuff. :|

i did manage to successfully lucid dream once, though and it was a pretty pleasant experience, though a bit weird as well. haha.

• 03/02/2011 (9:09 AM)

Seems like a lot of people talk about their lucid dreams on blogger. I thought I was the only one! :p

• Ada
    03/02/2011 (6:06 AM)

Lucid dreaming!

I wish I could do it on command, but most of the time whenever I take a nap it immediately turns into a lucid dream.

Can’t do it when I’m sleeping longer than a nap though :(

• 03/02/2011 (5:32 AM)

I don’t practice lucid dreaming, but I love it when I’m in a dream and I’m like “wait a sec, I’m dreaming!”. :D So fun.

• 03/02/2011 (12:26 AM)

I have found that waking up more during the night helps me remember more dreams and IMO increase the chances of lucidity.

• 02/02/2011 (9:05 PM)

Oh, one day, whilst blogging, I stumbled upon this nice little blog about lucid dreaming. Gosh, wish I could remember what it was… :S